Friday, June 27, 2008

Brand Spankin' New

So here's a list of new things that have happened recently:

1. I got a new calling in church. I used to be the Primary Music Leader, but considering I had Logan and was out for about a month they needed to release me. So, I'm now the Ward Bulletin and Newsletter Coordinator. I'm so excited. I get to play around with clip art and I don't have to worry about keeping 40 little kids on task! I loved being in music and everything, but after 3 years of being in primary I was ready for something new. Any advice is very welcome!

2. We got a new Weber Grill FOR FREE!!!!!!! I guess I shouldn't say for free, but it practically is. Marc calls me from work one day and says I think we just got ourselves a barbecue. I asked why. He says a micro burst just picked up this grill off of the patio in front of the store and threw it into a Expedition in the parking lot. Marc says it takes about 30-40 minutes to assemble one of these and it was disassembled in less than 3 minutes, as you can see from the pictures. Marc just has to put it back together. The reason it isn't "free" is because the store had to pay for part of the grill insurance wouldn't pick up. Oh, and the Expedition was fine; not a scratch.



3. I finally finished my quilt for Logan. I started it over a month ago. It isn't that it was hard, it's just that I would get in the mode and sew, then get tired of sewing and quit for a week. I really like it. My next project: a really cute handbag pattern I found. I think I might make a bunch and sell them at the hardware store.


4.Grant has been really funny lately by making up these silly songs about stuff around the house. He loves our neighbor Don. For those of you who don't know we live out in the boonies, and Don has tractors, fourwheelers, and other large equipment (like a steamroller). Don will take Grant out for rides and Grant LOVES it! Anyway, I got a video of Grant singing his songs about Don on the road and dad playing with Pixie (our dog). It is pretty self explanitory.


5. I got a $2.75 raise at work! WHA HOO!
6. Little Logan is doing great! He stalled out on gaining weight so the doc told me to supplement his diet. I've only been supplementing for a few days now and he already feels heavier. He rolls everywhere and will jabber your ear off! I attached his toy mirror to his bouncy car and he'll sit and scream and talk to himself.

So that's about it. Hopefully I'll get back into blogging now that my mind isn't so scattered with everything going on.

2 comments:

Doug and Marilyn said...

Yeah for the update!! we miss you guys and it was really nice talking to you kelly. those boys are so big and dang cute!! that grill is crazy too.

Ash said...

You're back. Thanks for the update, Kelly. I was missing you!